What are your most careless deaths in Minecraft?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Drellius, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Drellius

Drellius New Member

Let's face it, we've all had those embarrassing moments where we died in a very ridiculous way, most of the time we might have even lost a large amount of our resources while dying!
    Of course, I'm a victim of a rather common mistake in Minecraft - digging straight down.
    It can be an absolute pain at times, whether you're trying to simply find diamonds or discover abandoned mine shafts, chances are you're going to die if you dig straight down.
    I've experienced that quite often in my early days and despite that I find myself digging straight down quite frequently even to this very day, mainly because I'm too lazy to find a cave system that leads me close enough to bedrock.

2. Fenastus

Fenastus New Member

Dying from walking off a cliff because I was too busy scratching my head to notice I was about to run off of a cliff

3. tonocar

tonocar New Member

I once died with my inventory full of ores after hours of caving. How? I dug straight down mining my last diamond and fell into lava, losing all my stuff! Needless to say, I ragequit and left minecraft for the day.

4. kaitheteen

kaitheteen New Member

Same way as tonocar. I was extremely stupid and I managed to dig down into lava after an hour of straight mining.

5. tonocar

tonocar New Member

Oh well, it looks I'm not the only one making silly mistakes like that. How many stacks of iron did you manage to gather before losing it all in the lava? Any diamonds?

6. Timeisrelative

Timeisrelative New Member

First time they introduced Slenderman. I had my inventory stacked and thought this would be a easy kill.. I got one swing at him before I was dead.

7. edthebig

edthebig New Member

The most obvious one. I was mining with diamond armor on so I could resist falling on lava. I fell on lava and died. Lost all my items. Sad, sad day.

8. SuperiorCallz

SuperiorCallz New Member

Probably just jumping off a cliff. I tend to do that a lot in multiplayer when I just can't be assed doing something important. Jumping off a cliff, always the best way out.

9. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 New Member

I was in the nether and I was jumping around on a ledge and then I sneezed and fell into the lava below. It was pretty embarrassing, luckily I was by myself but I still felt stupid.

10. connor0629

connor0629 New Member

Once I was in a desert and I was chopping down some cacti. I accidentally ran into one then right at that momment, my wireless keyboard ran out of battery and I could move. I just sat there dying with that ' -.- ' look on my face. And it being a cactus, when I died, my items dropped into it and were destroyed.

11. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

Accidentally falling from a high distance, accidentally releasing lava all over my mining place, not paying attention to mob sounds and getting pummeled by aggressive mobs.

12. Hiyabats

Hiyabats New Member

Lav lava lava, always lava. I can always tell it is coming but go on and do it anyway. I have to mine that one last diamond or mine out that one last room and BAM lava. I haven't fallen much and do have the occasional creeper hoard sneak up on me because I am not paying attention, but that's pretty standard I think for everyone.

13. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker MinecraftNews

I was on a cliff and saw some water at the bottom. So I jumped thinking I would land in the water and continue on my way. But the water was 1 block deep and I died. The funny thing is I landed next to a drop-off in the lake.

14. NathanG

NathanG New Member

I've also dug straight down before. There was once a vein of diamonds directly below me, and I was so excited that I forgot there could be lava below. So I dug right below me, and fell into the lava and died. I lost everything because it was a game I was just starting out on. D: It made me really mad and I ragequitted. Lol

15. Micheleteresa

Micheleteresa New Member

I have the same problem, most recently I was digging straight up in the nether world and ended up flooding my shelter surrounding my nether portal with lava. 99.9% of my deaths have been by lava..and yet I never learn!

16. Delirium

Delirium New Member

When I die on Minecraft it's usually because of lag. I have a terrible, unstable internet connection so I tend to.. die a lot, to say the least. That's why I always have walls around my home area at all times. Because otherwise a creeper would come and blow me up. And I wouldn't be able to do anything because of the lag.

Other than that, my most careless death usually come from dying. I'm a builder, I build realllly high buildings. And sometimes you just fall, y'know? Sometimes I put water on the first floor but sometimes I don't. And during those sometimes, I die. That, or I land on a non-water block. Usually trees.

17. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

I had a friend who jumps, and places a block below him to get to higher ground and reach certain places faster. One time he was so up high and I thought about messing with him. I did the same thing he did, placed blocks right after I hit the jump button and I was planning to destroy his blocks on the middle part of the block tower, so that he would get a shocking fall once he tries to go back down. While I was doing so, I didn't realize that he was already down using an alternate route and saw what I was doing, so he did the same to me. I got the shock of my minecraft life after I destroyed around 4 blocks below me.

18. Char55

Char55 New Member

Those are some pretty funny ways to go. I have to say that I'm familiar with almost every different way to die that has been described on this thread. I can be pretty careless when playing minecraft, and end up dead because of a silly little mistake or miscalculation. The worst is when you know you could have avoided the death by using just a smidge of common sense, but I guess that's life...

19. NerdIndeed

NerdIndeed New Member

I remember in PE I was mining close to bedrock. Then I just so happened to mine through a gap with no bedrock and fall into the void. Epic!

20. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin New Member

I agree.