The beginner confusion about Builder status

Discussion in 'Classic Creative' started by Time, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Time

Time New Member

Many beginners enter a server and are confused as they are either restricted to a small portion of the map to build, and are unable to build out into the larger areas, or are spawned into these unbreakable cages.
    Now, if you are completely new to Minecraft Classic, you would probably have no idea what was going on. Well, I will explain it for you!

The restricted zones: The restricted zones are there for a reason! They are for the new people who join the server and have not proven themselves good builders who follow the rules. Now don't get discouraged and leave because of this! It is generally not very difficult to gain the Builder Rank. You just need to show an admin that you know the rules of the server, you are not a person to destroy other's creations, and that you build appropriate structures (The rules vary throughout every server, but this is generally the default set of rules. Inappropriate structures would be something like a swastika, etc.). Once you gain the Builder Rank, you are now able to build in a larger portion of the map, if not all of it. Remember, if you start destroying the creations outside, an Admin can easily take away that Builder rank, so don't grief!

The Indestructible Cages: The way these are used vary a lot. Sometimes they are used because the server is merely only for people to look at the well made structures. Sometimes they are made to gather the people joining the server, and those who stay for a long time, and let the admins know that they have reviewed the rules, and will be good, are allowed out and build.

I'll add more on here if I remember some other important details, I'm running on an hour of sleep right now, so I may have stated something wrong or forgotten something, so just post on here if I have and I can add it :)

Thanks for reading,
    Time

2. Robin

Robin Member

Good read :) Good to see someone doing some real work on explaining things!

3. Time

Time New Member

Thanks :) I remember when I started and had no idea what to do, and most people would just ignore me when I asked. Hopefully this will help!

4. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

I never really realized people would question "why" there are guest zones, but this is a great read for those who don't know.

5. Time

Time New Member

Thanks :) I've always found reading guides for new players is helpful, and so making one seemed appropriate.

6. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

Have you ever found a guide that listed easter eggs, or secrets in minecraft? Im sure there are some, I just haven't found any myself

7. howlgram

howlgram New Member

maybe there are not :)

8. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

The game title wishes ez a happy birthday on her birthday, and there was no update for about a week before that. There are hidden secrets, it's a matter of finding them

9. howlgram

howlgram New Member

Oh, that makes sense!! now i understand, because i read that there are minecraft secret updates, before reading that i thought that secret updates just werent Notch's stuff

10. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

*facepalms* No no, the Seeecret Updates, are just updates, they'd give us something Notch told us about, and usually one or two things he didn't. So people would search for the "seeecret"

Also, by international law, we have to refer to Seeecret Updates, as Seeecret updates, else Notch will find us and summon a real life creeper to blow up our home

11. howlgram

howlgram New Member

Lol, i think watching a creeper in real life is worth the explotion xD
    and yes, that is what i meant by secret update :)

#11 howlgram, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  12. Time

Time New Member

A creeper in real life....
    Oh god that would be terrifying.

13. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

I wish I could find a pic of a creeper photoshoped into a real life pic =(

14. howlgram

howlgram New Member

^ i have seen one :p it was like a creeper photoshoped in a movie screenshot, sadly i dont remember where i saw it

15. Time

Time New Member

Hm. I'll do this for fun, see what I can come up With :]

16. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

If I can find a creeper pic with a white or black background I can make some myself =D, might be a fun forum game

17. Time

Time New Member

Hehe yeah! Who can make the best real life creeper?

18. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

Notch is my guess X]. Second guess is you cause I suck with photomanipulation lol

19. Time

Time New Member

Psh I dunno, I'm not great. Haha, we will see! Maybe I'll just make a creeper out of some material and then take a photo of it. >:]

20. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

That would be pretty awesome =D, but I have you beat to the punch I'm afraid. I made this a few weeks ago =p.
    [​IMG]