Notable SSP moments?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by mpturner, Mar 13, 2014.

1. mpturner

mpturner New Member

What are some of your most notable or strongest memories from survival single player? I imagine most of us learned Minecraft through single player and had some interesting moments along the way.

For me it was first starting out. I found a mountain along the coast with a huge cave on the edge. I quickly made the cave entrance my home overlooking the sea. Each night as it went dark I'd venture into the depths of the mountain to look for ores and explore. This was where I found my first ever diamonds. While exploring I'd be marveled by the sheer size of this cave system, with its wonders of waterfalls and subsurface river systems. I died many times to lava before learning tricks with water buckets and placing dirt, but still some of my best single player memories came from that game save a few years ago.

2. Hector

Hector New Member

Ok, so I built a house on there. I got the door up, and hadn't closed it yet. There was a tree a little way from the door, and I looked up and there was a COW charging at me! My friends said cows don't charge, but it was sure coming at me fast!

3. MattMin2000

MattMin2000 New Member

Probably my favorite moment in SSP Minecraft would be when I saw snow. Lame, I know but it was my first time experiencing Minecraft and I was building my house, this was like three years ago, and it started to snow. My house, my mine entrance was just covered in snow. I walked to another spot then it didn't snow. I walked back and then it started to snow. That literally blew my mind. It was the coolest thing. I loved that, the scenery and the landscape. Yes, the gameplay was fun and such but honestly, just viewing the weather do its thing. The whole entire thing seems a little lame but it was the best moment in my SSP Minecraft life.

4. Micheleteresa

Micheleteresa New Member

Mine would have to be in my first two weeks of playing, I found a village and villagers and it freaked me out...lol I actually sent a message to my friend who had gotten me into MC and told him "I think someone hacked my game"

5. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

When I first struck diamond. It was the perfect seed, the perfect world for me. I think that file was the longest file I've ever carried on, I even built myself a castle in that world, with a tower to the clouds. It was fantastic. I even had a pet chicken.

Too bad something happened to the file. :(