[360 Update] News on updates?

Discussion in 'Updates' started by BMSxRio, Nov 8, 2012.

1. BMSxRio

BMSxRio New Member

I'm a daily minecraft player for the Xbox 360 and have been actively playing for quiet sometime online, I've looked everywhere but can't seem to find it... Where us the threat for the 360 updates? I can only find threads to past updates, (if it's been announced) is like to know when the next is due to arrive, I kniw the last made a major improvement to the game on the 360 console so I am highly anticipating the next update to arrive... If there is a place I might have missed can someone reply with the link? I'm still new to the forum so I have trouble navigating it's contents whilst google and bing are ineffective... I certainly hope we can catch up more to the pc! Bigger worlds and hopefully similar servers would be excellent!

2. BMSxRio

BMSxRio New Member

Please excuse any misspelling... I don't write on my iPod often and have a tendency to miss certain keys! Sorry!

3. EnderDave

EnderDave The one with the OS

Well, the Xbox and PC are two TOTALLY different things. and the only way you can find updates for the Xbox 360 is to go to mojang's website where they post most of all the updates.

4. CB

CB Mature Filter for Forums

I'll help you out there.

Unofficial Update notice:

Minecraft XBOX 360's next update will be DLC only. The pre-announced update version is expected to be 1.9.
    So, what's in 1.9?

Much is still guarded and speculated. However, since 4J Studios is only collaborating with Mojang on the project, and not actually being driven by Mojang, the expected updates could be minimal, or massive.

Two points of discussion:

1. Updating the XBOX version could potentially bring in more sales of the video game, and memorabilia.

2. Updating the XBOX version should coincide with the PC version of the game.

Cons to both points:

1. Updating the XBOX version doesnt help sales of the PC version. The copyright of the game is owned by Mojang, and supported ONLY by the PC version. There is little benefit to Mojang to update the XBOX version for any reason. Mojang already receives a portion of royalties and profits from 4J Studios sales of every XBOX game, as does Microsoft for distribution rights. Mojang will make little to no profit from XBOX version being updated. Any updates done, will be mainly for profit for additional sales to Microsoft and 4J Studios. Its in their contract with Mojang to stick to the game design. But Microsoft and 4J Studios do not need to do a massive update, and catch the XBOX version up to PC. Rather they are more likely to do many small updates, and thus spike the profit sales of the XBOX game version periodically over time... Drawing out more profit over time. = WIN.
    tl;dr - don't expect a nice update for the XBOX game anytime; there's no profit in it.

2. Updating the XBOX to stay in line with the PC game, is expected to be incremental, and slow. Meaning, the XBOX versions next update should expect to get something minor, like (but not officially stating), altering the spawn rate of diamond and coal. As mentioned in (1.) above, 4J Studios is bound by game design copyright contract to maintain the storyline with the games original intent; (PC version).

4J Studios HAS confirmed they are working with Mojang to put out an update. They have NOT announced what ANY of those updates would be.

Sticking to consumer demand and time of year to yield highest profit from new sales... December 2012.

But thats just as good of an educated guess as can be made.

5. CB

Also, this is technically incorrect. Going to Mojang will get users very little information, if any.

Mojang owns full story rights, and game design of Minecraft.

4J Studios bought the right to convert the game to console game mode, from Mojang. The contract certainly stipulates they (4J), can not deviate from the game as laid out by Mojang. Mojang will make a profit from the sales, as the copyright is still owned by Mojang.

4J Studios was hired by Microsoft, in order to be able to distribute the game on their system.

When the game went up for bidding, Microsoft, EA Games, Sony, and Nintendo were offered.

... clearly, Microsoft won the bid package.

It's all just business.

Oh, and one more point of clarification, in the event I wasn't straight enough above... the PC version and the XBOX version are NOT different games. They are exactly the same game, copyrighted by the same company, distributed by two different companies, just on different revisions.

6. EnderDave

EnderDave The one with the OS

oh... sorry :p

7. CB

No problem. Its a very common misconception. And its easy to see how its believed to be. Not to worry.

8. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

Just an extra bit from me on this, it's like CB said.

There isn't much talk even on Mojang's site about updates. I'd love to offer more info relating to it, but we don't seem to have much interest generating for the 360 or mobile part of the game.

But hey great news, mobile just got torches and health! Lol'd mobile. It's like creative 0.30 all over again.

9. CB

-_-

Mobile... laughable.

10. Moltendarkman

Moltendarkman New Member

11. Moltendarkman

Moltendarkman New Member

they do have bigger worlds by 32 blocks on Xbox one the support for the 360 version is pretty much dead but you can transfer your worlds over

12. Thunderstrike100

Thunderstrike100 New Member

I have just gotten update 1.2.13 and one cool feature is that you can swim like real people instead of floating above the water.