I always feel sorry for the animals...always

Discussion in 'Survival' started by DaniMiranda, Oct 28, 2014.

1. DaniMiranda

DaniMiranda New Member

I can't help it. I know that anything is game, but when it comes to survival, I would rather eat plants that give me vitamins to boost energy and things of the like rather than slaughter the sheep to make my clothing. I don't need clothes, then, I could easily wear leaf cover-ups like they did in the ancient times. Does anyone else feel for the helpless creatures?

2. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker MinecraftNews

I can see how you feel pity for the animals but at the end of the day they are just entities inside of a game. Nothing is going to happen if you kill them. They will just respawn so you can use their resources again. You can eat the various fruits and plants of minecraft but they don't give near enough protein to keep your hunger bar up. If it helps you could turn your volume down so you don't hear the animal whimper. Still you could make a big farm and harvest many growing edibles.

3. NathanG

NathanG New Member

This happens to me as well. Whenever I look into a cow's eyes I can't help but not want to kill it. Eventually I do, of course, for food, but I always regret it. I was even playing one game one time and I made a shrine to the cows I had murdered by throwing diamonds into a water pool with flowers surrounding it. It was glorious, and I can still remember it to this day!

4. Hiyabats

Hiyabats New Member

LOL uh no I don't feel bad for the pretend pixelated animals at all. Of course I don't feel bad for the real ones we regularly eat though either. That's what they are for, food. Not all animals are pets and nor should they be. I know what you are saying though and understand that view.

5. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

You shouldn't feel bad for real life animals, let alone virtual ones.

It is the circle of life. Do you think they feel bad after killing one another for survival? My way of thinking is: if you eat/ use the resources you get from the animal you've killed, its death was not in vain.

6. Micheleteresa

Micheleteresa New Member

I have also felt sorry killing the animals. I do turn the sound down so as not to hear them and sometimes I apologize out loud!! I no longer kill sheep for wool as I did when I first started playing, now I just use shears to collect wool. I have a farm of multi coloured sheep and just shear what i want when I want. Also for every animal I kill I breed two of whatever species it is I have slaughtered.

7. Nevaeh

Nevaeh New Member

When I first started playing I felt really bad for the animals. I think that the more you play the more it makes you realize that this is how real life is. In order to survive animals have to die. We need them for the food and the clothing. I would hate to live some place cold and only have leaves to cover me up. Wouldn't you?

8. SanderD8

SanderD8 MinecraftNews

That's why breeding is in the game!

9. Delirium

Delirium New Member

"rather than slaughter the sheep to make my clothing"
    That's why shears were invented. Dig some deep holes in the ground, find iron, and make it.

Anyway, your survival over everything else's. If it's necessary, do it. If you want a pet, tame a wolf and get a dog. Or if you prefer cats then go to the nearest jungle and tame one of those jungle cats, whatever they're called. Ocelot or something like that. It's not like you can win anyway. Technically speaking, plants and animals, whichever you're killing, you're still killing a living creature. So eat away.

10. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

I feel you, especially since I find the animals cute. But yeah, steak is steak. I've grown out of it, used to feel bad for them too but after around a day or two, I got used to it. The meat they produce looks delicious, and not to mention after all that stabbing and hacking they still don't produce blood. I guess it's alright for me now since they're not killed too graphically anyways.