Griefing - your opinion?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Hector, May 16, 2014.

1. Hector

Hector New Member

If I am going to put the time into making something, then I really would rather not having someone come in and destroy it. If it is going to be destroyed, I want to do it myself! Do you create things just to let other people destroy them?

2. SteveC

SteveC New Member

I think griefing is fun, but more so when everyone is on board. If there is anyone on the server who feels like you do, it kind of spoils the whole thing!

3. Hector

Hector New Member

That's why I usually just get on Survival servers that don't allow griefing, or set up my own server for my friends. They know that I will kick them if they make me mad.

4. SteveC

SteveC New Member

Well, remind me not to play on your servers, then! I don't like being kicked for doing something just because the guy who set it up doesn't like it.

5. Drellius

Drellius New Member

I dislike griefers as much as the next guy; I wouldn't be okay with griefing even if the server itself approves of it since I think it's a rather lowly act done by only the most annoying and childish of players.
    I've had several accidents where people had griefed my houses in a variety of ways, at that!

There are some players that simply enjoy destroying a specific players house maybe because of pure jealousy that they're unable to build anything of the sort, but there are also people that literally flood your house with unnecessary blocks, maybe even build their homes right on top of yours without your permission.

6. jackhaal

jackhaal New Member

I don't really like griefing. In my school, we learned, "Treat others like you would like to be treated." That was the golden rule. i certainly don't want other people griefing my creations, so there you go.

7. Nolan

Nolan New Member

If I’m going to build something I actually care about, I either do it on offline mode or on a trusted private server. I never trust public servers. Griefing is going happen no matter what you do. All online games have some form of griefing sadly. Personally, I leave everyone’s stuff alone.

8. Fenastus

Fenastus New Member

Griefing is infuriating! Any server i've ever run has used some kind of griefing reversal tool to combat it. You spend hours upon hours making something wonderful and someone can come along and tear it down within a matter of minutes...

9. tonocar

tonocar New Member

This question is a no-brainer, really. Would you like to have the base you put hours upon hours of work into destroyed in seconds? I highly doubt it. I know I wouldn't. Griefing is childish, stupid and it makes people sad. If you are are a griefer, just stop it!

10. Rockhem

Rockhem MinecraftNews

I think that griefing is fine, people shouldn't get so angry over when something is destroyed in a video game. If they want their creations to be perfectly save, they can build it on single player or make a private server for themselves/friends. So, in my opinion people should just get over it when they get griefed.

11. MattMin2000

MattMin2000 New Member

I half agree with Rockhem on top of me. If you want your creations to be saved and not be touched, create it in a single player world, therefore ensuring its safety. However, griefing altogether shouldn't be allowed. It's annoying and 95% of the time, it's used for trolling. The pure sense of griefing is just dumb and people use it for just for annoying people. Bottom line: If you want create a magnificent house and hope that no one burn it down, create it in a single player world. However, if you're playing a server and built a pretty solid house and someone burns it down for no reasons, well that feeling is beyond words.

12. kaitheteen

kaitheteen New Member

Only if the server admin is cool with it though. It's not fun nor funny if you ruin someone else's hard work and dedication. If you spent hours building a sand castle and someone came and knocked it over, how would you feel?

13. Timeisrelative

Timeisrelative New Member

People are people, some are going to ruin for others for amusement, as simple as that. Off course I wish they could stop but unfortunately I can't change other people..

14. edthebig

edthebig New Member

I love griefing. I mean if it was a creative server and griefing was not allowed then it is kind of a bad move. But on Faction servers and such griefing is what makes the game fun. Nowadays I can't play Minecraft without being in a server where griefing is a allowed.

15. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 New Member

It can be fun when a person deserves it and has it coming. But when the person is a nice person and doesn't deserve it the whole griefing thing pisses me off. I don't like it. I would rather people go outside and throw rocks at one another than grief my hard work in a game.

16. connor0629

connor0629 New Member

I absolutely hate griefing. I find myself to be one of the friendlier ones in Minecraft so I try to stay away from PvP, griefing and raiding. I just think its unfair for people to work so hard for what they have and when they go offline, someone with TnT comes and blows up thier everything and takes thier loot. I try to stay away from those types of servers.

17. DigDug

DigDug New Member

Griefing is good for the server economy, if the server has an economy mod/standardized trading for people to profit from buying and selling goods. If it's small scale damage, it would be easier to buy the materials from a player with a surplus than to go dig sand so you can repair the panes in your window. There are servers that allow creeper destruction for this reason.

I think griefing shouldn't be prevented, but it would be nice to see a crime-and-punishment approach to dealing with it, rather than installing complicated mods which just add a load to people who just want to build a nice house.

18. 93simon

93simon New Member

I think griefing is part of the game, infact I try to hang out on servers in which it's allowed because to me part of the game is making sure my hideout is well hidden and unreachable, full of traps and such with redstone, lava, pistons and whatnot. If they try to penetrate my territory they shall die!!

19. jackhaal

jackhaal New Member

It might sound really funny but I do not dislike griefing as mug as other people do. Of you make a game where you can grief, then of course there will be griefing. Do you get angry if someone bullies you? Of course. But you have to deal with it, so that's what I do. I deal with it.

20. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

Griefing is pretty fun if done with an organised team. If done alone, you don't have that much fun.