Feathers....

Discussion in 'Survival' started by UROWNED, May 30, 2014.

1. UROWNED

UROWNED New Member

I'm trying to farm feathers, and it's taking forever... Does anybody know a good way to farm feathers... or arrows (Thats what I'm using the feathers for right now)

2. SteveC

SteveC New Member

There's a youtube video that shows how to make an automated feather farm; maybe that would be of help to you. I haven't tried that, but you never know.

3. Hector

Hector New Member

Skeleton spawners and traps will net you some arrows. I haven't tried this method, but if you aren't getting enough from chickens, you might try doing both.

4. SteveC

SteveC New Member

I guess the bigger your chicken farm, the more feathers you would get from it. How many chickens do you have so far? And how many feathers are you getting each time you play?

5. Drellius

Drellius New Member

Either create a Monster Farm with a Skeleton Spawner, or create your very own Chicken Farm, those are the two I can think of straight off the bat. While making a Monster Farm would be considered a piece of cake, looking for dungeons can be a hassle so I'd highly recommend simply going for the Chicken Farm. I'm pretty sure you can gather up a bunch of chickens and breed them with seeds, which are an absolute piece of cake to gather by simply going through the dirt blocks with a hoe.

6. kaitheteen

kaitheteen New Member

You should either get a skeleton spawner or a chicken farm going. I own a chicken farm, so it gives me a ton of surplus feathers. Worth the time!

7. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 New Member

The key is to make several chicken farms and then just build them up slowly. Sure it will take some time, but once you have them up and running you will start to complain about having too many feathers.

8. edthebig

edthebig New Member

As they have said, have as many chicken farms as you can, you should make something that kills them and then using water to deposit the feathers on a single block. Then as he says, you will complain of too many feathers.

9. connor0629

connor0629 New Member

You could round up a few chickens and wait for them to make a lot of eggs and crack those to get more chickens. You could do that for a long time and have a huge chicken farm for feathers. Or you could get really lucky and find a skeleton spawner and make a grinder out of it and farm arrows. Or you could go out and fight at night. And if this is on a server, you could just get some nice people to help you.

10. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker MinecraftNews

I was in your situation before but I found a way to without making a farm. Get a bow and enchant it with infinity. Now all you need to have is one arrow in your inventory and you get unlimited arrows. Just figure out some way to get infinity enchanted on your bow.

11. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

You should definitely try with a chicken farm, or if that's not enough for you, try with a skeleton spawner, as these should net you a pretty nice amount of arrows.

12. Micheleteresa

Micheleteresa New Member

one huge chicken farm or a couple of small ones, it seems time consuming but once you have your farm set up I think you will find it well worth the time. I have a mob spawner/grinder but I don't get to many feathers from it, at least nothing to WHOOT! about.

13. SpectraGeko

SpectraGeko MinecraftNews

If you can make an effort to seek out a villager that will exchange an Infinity enchantment book for some emeralds you can, like Sterling Walker said, have infinite arrows if you have one in your inventory. I find it extremely easy to fin skeletons in the desert. I don't know what their fascination with sand is but in almost all my play-throughs I've found them roaming the desert in groups.

14. Nevaeh

Nevaeh New Member

I agree, the best way to get feathers is to create a chicken farm. I have never tried to create a skeleton spawner so I'm not sure how well that will work out. I saw some videos that showed killing zombies used to leave feathers behind. I think they changed this though and they don't do that anymore.