Favorite Thing to Build

Discussion in 'Creative' started by Nolan, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Nolan

Nolan New Member

Does anyone have any particular building or object that they enjoy building? I recently built a pretty large and really unique castle. I had never really built anything quite as big as that before. I’ll probably go back and try to build another, while making improvements.

2. kaitheteen

kaitheteen New Member

I really like building cities and castles. I wanna build something I can actually live in and want to live in in real life. I just really like how I can express my creativity in Minecraft.

3. Fenastus

Fenastus New Member

I love making mountain homes where I can just see for miles and miles

On the other side of the spectrum, I love to make dwarf like grandiose fortresses underground

4. tonocar

tonocar New Member

I like building underground bases. Working with the cave terrain is one of my fortes. I am not very good with making house designs, so I usually make my base in the caves. Some of the rooms are trapped, so I can get rid of potential intruders in a fast and easy way.

5. Rockhem

Rockhem MinecraftNews

I love building replicas of things like rockets and planes from the real world, even making it to proper scale and all of that. It is amazing to see something like that translated into Minecraft. Other wise, I like building maps for Flan's mod, I find it cool to make FPS maps where you can fight with your friends on it.

6. kaineparker

kaineparker New Member

I like trying to recreate items from shows that I like. I have been working on a Tardis from Doctor who but it's take quite a bit of time as I have school and homework. I'm looking forward to showing it off though.

7. edthebig

edthebig New Member

Well, when I'm on a creative server I love doing huge pixel art, the one that you have to look up at the sky to see from top to bottom. When I'm not on a creative server I love building my faction homes.

8. Timeisrelative

Timeisrelative New Member

I find it really fun to recreate the house I live in real life. Feels funny when I'm in my room on Minecraft, while I'm in my room in real life. Basically I try to build the entire neighborhood I live in. So far I'm done with most of my surrounding houses. The most difficult part is getting the landscape similar to real life, not just the buildings.

9. connor0629

connor0629 New Member

I love building. I build anything I think of; bridges, cars, roads, quarys, skyscrapers, everything. But, for some reason, I always find myself coming back and building castles and modern houses. I feel I'm not so good at modern design but it is so fun to experiment. Castles, I build more common and have more fun with, probably because they're bigger and simpler.

10. DigDug

DigDug New Member

If I'm playing singleplayer (as I mostly have to, since I don't have anything resembling high speed internet,) I build me a house. Then I build my necessities. I might build a railroad line somewhere new, and build some necessities there. Then I get bored and start building apartment complexes and rental houses for a Testificate army. My favorite things to build are work related things. I can build a fairly convincing sawmill (think Skyrim sawmill, not modern) and grain silos (which are actually farms in disguise) as well as decent looking train cars and a train engine, spaghetti Western style. I also like to take time and flesh out details, like spider webs trailing upwards from a chimney (to emulate smoke) and using stone fences to make the actual chimneys themselves. Trapdoors as paneling and so on. I'm a detail-freak.

11. 93simon

93simon New Member

I like to recreate pixel art I find on the internet, things about games, shows and whatnot I'm interested in. DeviantART is usually a good source for this. I have a world just for this, it's quite satisfacting get around in it seeing all my previous "masterpieces".

12. DigDug

DigDug New Member

I prefer mechanical builds, or architectural structures. I've built a lot of crap, but the stuff I remember most are the builds where I built something entirely new, like my 2x2 cobble gen. It was only useful with a self-pumped redstone system, sadly. My best automatic design involved an X-redstone system.

13. Hiyabats

Hiyabats New Member

I love building pattens, fractals, and large reproductions. Years ago a friend and I played around on his server and built a large replica of a ship graveyard. It had pieces of ships from different sci-fi series all over. We were a bit to lazy to do the whole ship LOL. Was really cool looking and fun though.

14. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

Mostly castles and huge architectures in general. I also like to try my luck with redstone contraptions but I fail almost every time. I also like just spawning stuff and then killing said stuff.

15. Nevaeh

Nevaeh New Member

Castles are awesome to build but my favorite things to build are statues and underground gardens. Every time I make a statue I try and make it even bigger than the last one. It's so cool to see this giant statue just hanging out in the middle of my land.

16. Char55

Char55 New Member

I'm into building modern houses and I love making the detail as similar to my real life as possible. It's an awesome feeling when you manage to get that just right after fleshing out the details.