Favorite destruction method?

Discussion in 'Creative' started by SteveC, May 30, 2014.

1. SteveC

SteveC New Member

TNT is pretty fun to use, but sometimes I like to just tear things down with my pickaxe. What do you like to use to destroy stuff?

2. Hector

Hector New Member

I like to use my fist. There is just something primal and empowering about beating things down. In the game, of course. I like to build stuff just to beat it down.

3. SteveC

SteveC New Member

Ha! That's pretty awesome. I didn't even think about punching stuff down; I just always used TNT or a pickaxe. I think I will go try that and see if I like it as much as you apparently do!

4. Drellius

Drellius New Member

If it's something minor that I need to fix, I use my fists to destroy it simply because I don't want to destroy the entire project over a single mistake, and if it's something major that I'm just not proud of and want to get rid of entirely, I use a large amount of TNT and get it done as quickly as possible.
    But, of course if the project is so big that it would require a large chunk of TNT that'd probably put strain on my PC, I either make multiple attempts to destroy it with TNT, or use my bare hands as if I'm actually adjusting some minor flaw.

5. Nolan

Nolan New Member

If I’m destroying things just for fun I prefer TNT. I like the blast radius on TNT. Who doesn’t like bombs? I don’t always use TNT, though. It just depends on why I’m destroying something.

6. kaitheteen

kaitheteen New Member

If I destroy things, I enjoy burning them because I build a lot of my buildings out of wood. Burning stuff just seem so fun to me, as to blowing stuff up.

7. kaineparker

kaineparker New Member

I use either TNT or my bare fists. TNT is fun to watch things go boom, but it's also quite amusing punching down a building even if it takes forever.

8. tonocar

tonocar New Member

Since I don't have the resources to use TNT, I just use my trusty Efficiency IV pickaxe. It mines the stone extremely quickly. If you mine netherrack, it's even faster! I'm fairly certain it gets the job done faster than TNT would. But it's definitely more boring, so there's that. :)

9. Rockhem

Rockhem MinecraftNews

If the item I want to destroy is burnable, I bring out my flint & steel and burn it all the way down to the ground. If it isn't burnable, I like to destroy things with TNT, and sometimes I build a TNT cannon just to destroy it with, because It is amazing watching a TNT cannon tear things up.

10. edthebig

edthebig New Member

Yup, burn it down! If I'm doing it for fun then I'm definitely going to use flint and steel or some tnt, or some elaborate scheme with tnt like shooting it with a fire arrow or doing a tnt cannon, its just for fun in the end.

11. Timeisrelative

Timeisrelative New Member

If I really want to have some fun destroying something. I usually build TNT cannons, just search it up on YouTube. I'll make like 5 cannons and set them off right after each other. You would be surprised how long you can get it to shoot the TNT.

12. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker MinecraftNews

When I'm destroying a structure for fun I always have my same technique. I line the inside of the building with TNT, then I set the outside on fire. So now I can watch it burn to a crisp and see it blow up. It is a spectacular event to watch. One time when I did it I started a forest fire with all of the flaming blocks exploding everywhere.

13. NathanG

NathanG New Member

It depends on what material it is. If it's like wood or wool, then I'll use lava to burn it down. If it is cobblestone or something else that's non-burnable, then I'll usually use TNT shot out from a TNT cannon. I hardly ever tear stuff down with my bare hands. ^_^

14. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

Stick a hole in the object I want to demolish, like a HUGE hole, and fill it with loads of TNT. Blows up nicely, but doesn't really finish the job. Still, pretty nice fireworks.

15. Micheleteresa

Micheleteresa New Member

Burn it down or blow it up!! The TNT cannons are something that I think would be fun, will have to give that a try!

16. SpectraGeko

SpectraGeko MinecraftNews

I tend to build worlds with heavily forested biomes so I can replace the top of trees with TNT. I then proceed to burn down the forest. Within twelve to fifteen minutes my computer is slowing down horribly even as I am running away from the scene of destruction. I usually go underground and carve out a cave or make an underground lake while I'm waiting for the rain to rain on my party. When I come back, more often than not, there is a huge whole in the earth as if all the TNT had been flung in one direction.

17. Nevaeh

Nevaeh New Member

I would have to say that my favorite method of destruction is good old TNT. Plus, I never knew that you could break things with your hands. It must take some time using this method when trying to break stone however so I don't know if I would use that method. Burning things down sounds like a lot of fun too.