Exactly what is considered spam(and other issues)

Discussion in 'Continual Improvement' started by SniperCharlie, Jan 12, 2011.

1. SniperCharlie

SniperCharlie New Member

:confused:Hello everybody.This is my first thread.Just wanna now if spam refers to advertising,copy paste post from other forums(even if you are the owner) or saying nonsense.
    Also,I´m not happy with that last competition because motivate people to use cheat and edits and I hate that.It takes the beauty of breaking your ass building when others use programs to make the same 4 days work in minutes.Every time I see something awesome I end finding that is not legit.I´m a player who plays alone and fair and I can´t compete with edits.Its not funny.That's just my opinion.
    :mad:

2. Robin

Robin Member

Well if the thread can be discussed in a good manner it is not spam , like now you did discuss what spam is :) Anyhow, I do agree with you that cheats and mods are terrible, but since I can't overlook the competition because I can't be on everyones computer and see if they do their work fair or not! So I allow mods and such, specially since Notch will add mod support. Anyhow me myself don't like creative mode either, because building something with mined resources in 2 weeks is one thing, but when you do the same thing in creative it is just building, that is why we are judging on the persons skills in building and not in their skills in mining and gathering resources!

You get my point? :)

3. SniperCharlie

SniperCharlie New Member

I know what you meant.I usually spend days hiding because I can´t work at night(you know,creepers and stuff) and for me peaceful is for kids and sissies.It takes all the fun to the surviving issue.I know there´s no way yo can know what people do in their computer but incentivize the fair play is something you should do.It make me angry when people show of is projects and is all an edit.What they expect if is not real work.Even if you build the thing whit infinite materials,I don't like it.The competition should be in categories like,big projects(probably cheaters go there),team or creative mode constructions,good looking house,smart design,nice ideas,etc.But never all in one because you just have to do something super big an fancy and that takes the possibility to others who plays at slow pace.

P.s.:Sorry if I misspell something.English is not my native language.
    :p

4. Robin

Robin Member

Ye I agree with you, but if I would have multiple categories it would still be to easy for those using "cheat" in the smaller competitions to win those, and I would need a lot more minecraft accounts to hold that kind of competition :)

No worries, I know the feeling, I am a typo god!

5. SniperCharlie

SniperCharlie New Member

The prices for the competitions could be different,like t-shirts or big pictures avatar and hall of fame.Not necessarily an account.In my case I was drawn to this price in particular because I don´t have a Minecraft account in my own so It would be nice to win.But I stand little chance because in more than 20 years of videogames addict(I have 26),I never use cheats.We need to think this right to incentive people to do new things instead of running whatever mod or program they could find or copying everything they see.Is kinda a naive way of think but I walk that code(dam that's cursi).:rolleyes:

6. PersonOne

PersonOne New Member

I totally agree with you Sniper!
    I hate how someone says: I built a giant diamond house, and it turns out he used an inventory editor.I don't see how anyone can feel good about themselvs when they do something with a cheat

7. Robin

Robin Member

Just build it in creative mode? then you have all the resources you want :) and it won't be cheat.

8. SniperCharlie

SniperCharlie New Member

Nope.I just share an account with a friend and I have my own map.I don´t buy one because I move to other country recently and Paypal freeze my account asking for address authentication,so,have to make paperwork here before I can touch my own money(dam paypal:mad:)and I not going to ask money to anyone.I only play on single survival.Creative is boring and multiplayer is too buggy(and there´s griefers).

9. Robin

Robin Member

Well my friend, I would not say that multiplayer are all the buggy anymore :) And about griefers, our server starts to get kinda griefer free! but it is better to be safe then sorry and make a secret stash for your things! To bad they frooze your account, but you can pay directly with your visa and don't need to go by paypal? or maby the same problem there?

10. SniperCharlie

SniperCharlie New Member

Who says that I have credit card?Don't worry.It.s going to be take care of at some point.At least I have a way to play.:eek:

11. Robin

Robin Member

I don't know how it works in argentina-Brazil :) But in Sweden you mostly need a VISA or similar to have connected to paypal and so on, ah well cya around the servers soon enough then? :)

12. SniperCharlie

SniperCharlie New Member

The credit card for the paypal account is not necessary here(you can withdraw from the bank.Anyways...
    Still thinking what kind of thread to make.If I win,I going to bring you a cake to your door(in minecrafia of course.And I need directions.):D

13. Hamnisu

Hamnisu New Member

I agree with you SniperCharlie. Cheaters are obnoxious, but still you have too accept the fact that there is no way for Robin to make sure that all entries are legit?

But I did my entry in the multiplayer server, that way I can not have used any cheat :D