Ever tried to recreate someting from real life?

Discussion in 'Creative' started by Timeisrelative, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Timeisrelative

Timeisrelative New Member

I'm trying to recreate my neighborhood at the moment, so far got my own house finished. Getting the landscape right is pretty tricky tho.

2. edthebig

edthebig New Member

I did a loose replica of a hotel in a creative server once. It had a lot of detail inside and was very beautiful but i think the outside was not very good looking now that I look back.

3. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

I tried to recreate my neighbourhood, but I got really bored after about an hour in. In that time, I did build a few blocks of flats, but eventually I grew bored of that.

4. Micheleteresa

Micheleteresa New Member

Sort of! I have somewhat recreated my bedroom as far as layout and colour scheme go. I had a little incident though trying to make lava lamps, which seemed like a good idea at the time, but when you are using dyed wool blocks for interior walls it is very hazardous!!

5. Nevaeh

Nevaeh New Member

I tried to recreate the Eiffel tower once since I was trying to recreate Paris, but I never finished it. It ended up becoming more complicated than I thought it was going to be. Maybe I will try making this again sometime.

6. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

I don't think I have the patience for those but I did make a small cube chest once, inspired by Minecraft. I made it through cardboard, painted it using acrylic paint and then applied a some black marker on the edges to make it look more Minecraft-like. It got destroyed by the rain though as I brought it to school to show my friends and there was heavy rain after class.

7. Tiile23

Tiile23 New Member

Just like the " neighbourhood" guys, I'm also currently working on my campus. Am currently done with one lecture hall. It's hell difficult!! But along with some patience I think I can.
    At first, I decided to begin with the School's hostels but got to realize the complications involved so I switched to begin with a lecture hall :D.