Creative Server: Soviet Russia

Discussion in 'Classic Creative' started by Apv301, Nov 10, 2010.

?

In Soviet Russia....

1. You don't vote in a poll, poll votes you!

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. You don't craft mines, mine crafts you!

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. You don't grief players, players grief you!

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. You need a life...

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  1. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

Hello everyone! As an Admin on the server Soviet Russia, I would like to invite you all to come check us out when you see us online!

We're a relatively smaller server, and by that I mean we usually only have a few people on it at a time.

We began as a server using notchs original server program. We bounced around server software awhile untill we struck gold on MC#. I rose through the ranks over time, and more quickly than any other player, eventually reaching the highest ranks. Recently we upgraded to McZall, and then to MCLawl.

While our name may seem... incorrect, as many players believe. It is purely based off the Yakov Smirnov joke line of "In Soviet Russia". While we are not based on any TRUE Russia belief or even region, we have picked up a small group of Russians over time whom have great pride in their Country.

We do have a few Russian icons built on our servers by our Russian Community, such as buildings and a massive flag.

Our rules are the same as most servers, no griefing or offensive builds.
    I am currently debating creating a "Rule less" world, like WoM's "adult server". However I doubt it will come to be for many reasons.

Come check us out at
    http://minecraft.net/play.jsp?server=607d1b172ef64482864010c116ef81a3

Build something cool for builder rank! If you run into an admin, tell them I sent you!

Have fun!

#1 Apv301, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  2. Time

Time New Member

I don't know if advertising other servers on here is very cool... o_O

3. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

This is the forumfor servers *shrugs* and the forums rules don't exist atm, or at least won't load for me =/. Guess the only way to find out if this is allowed is to wait to see what robin says.

4. Time

Time New Member

Yeah that's true. :) just don't try to pull our users away from this site! :p

5. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

Oh I don't think that's a concern at all for us. Could actually bring more people to the site, look at minecraftforums and wom. Both sites famous in their own regards, but people post their servers in them all the time. I know what you're saying though

6. Robin

Robin Member

Hehe thanks for your concern Time :) But We do like when people post their servers! It gives our members a bigger range of servers to choose from, and hopefully soon enough we will have more members and we can fill many servers :)

7. Time

Time New Member

Yeah, I think once the 500 member count, we should try to become an "official" link on the minecraft site.

8. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

^ I'd second that, it would be a massive achievement for us to get on there. Only thing better would be a mention by notch.

!

Let's get mentioned by notch! He mentions amazing things he finds, but what could we do to achieve his brief attention?

9. Time

Time New Member

We shouldn't try to get on there quite yet... wait for a bigger member base, that way to improve our chances.

10. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

Well it can't hurt to try, but with a larger member base our chances, in theory, would increase dramatically. Not to early to mindstorm on what though. Any ideas?

11. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

As soon as I clicked reply I got an idea.

Coney Island.
    Lets make a scaled replica of coney island

12. Time

Time New Member

Get a larger member group. Prove that we are a legit site that is staying around, so maybe grow a little older. Perhaps start a streaming system, where users can watch specific streamers that stream and commentate while playing on the server. Just a few ones i thought up of.

13. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

Streaming? Never heard of this, but it sounds cool =o. What is it?

14. Time

Time New Member

It's just like live television practically. You stream yourself playing the game, as you commentate at the same time, and it's a lot of fun for the streamer and viewers :)

15. Robin

Robin Member

Well guys I did have a conversation with Notch on IRC the night for the halloween update, he did say that name of the site was okey, and that he was glad I had made a community, and I did ask him how to get mentioned by him, and he said that if we would grow bigger and have good activity and many members that he properly would put us under Communitys on he's official site, so we just need to work for the members and try to get to the point of 500 members to start with :) We have a solid stream of joining members, but it is a kinda slow stream, I use google analytics and we have since the start 27 oct we have about

2000+ visits
    1400+ unique visitors

and 137 members, so we have much people visiting the site, but not as many that register, but that is understandable because they can still read everything :) but that's good, because we like visitors, but we love members that join our community :)

So if you like to put in help me with commercials, find the biggest forums and youth sites in your country and either tip me about it, or make a post or mention this site in anyway, if you want a good commercials message you can send me a PM and I will send it to you and you can use it to tip other people on forums or such.

So if we work together we can make this site grow fast and strong :)

16. Robin

Robin Member

The streaming is a good idea! I have put it on my "to do list" :) It is growing fast my to do list! Well another thing, I have mailed Notch about a competition I have in mind, but we will wait and see how that turns out!

17. Time

Time New Member

Awesome :) let me know if you are able to get it set up... I'll be happy to stream :)

18. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

I suppose I can post on a few sites I visit.
    Do we have a small banner I can use? Or will I have to make one?

19. Robin

Robin Member

Sounds good :) I will see if i can make a couple of different sized banners! Take the logo pic for now ? :) I would really be glad if you guys helped with spreading the word :) But I can send you a PM with some good info about the site!

20. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

Yeah I can take the logo pic, I suppose I can scale it down a tad. Ill head to gaiaonline first, I have a banner there I'll reverse engineer to create a working image/link thing.
    So they only have to click the banner to connect.