Bans - Appeals and Complaints

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Apv301, Feb 12, 2011.

?

Welcome to Burger king, whats your beef?

1. I was wrongfully banned!

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. I wish to speak against a poster

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. I was removed from the whitelist, but not banned

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Double Rainbow! What does it mean?!

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

Were you banned on the SMP server? Were you innocent but got blamed for the incident?

Well chances are when we ban someone we banned the right one, however, sometimes mistakes happen.

If you believe you were banned from the SMP server please post below.

------------------

Information to Submit

------------------

What were you accused of that resulted in your ban?

What were you doing at the time?

What did you do last on the server?

Can you offer proof that you did not do what you were accused of?

-----------------

Do not post below "if"

----------------

You were not given a reason for your ban, the whitelist is cleared now and then and odds are "this" is why you were banned.

You have been accused of griefing in the past.

You are on World of Minecrafts griefers list. (We will check)

You received a message in private from ANY moderator or staff member on the subject. If you got one, the evidence is too strong against you.

You were legitimately banned.

If someone witnessed you breaking a server rule, do not post here

Please keep in mind, each post will be reviewed and considered, but this is NO guarantee you will be unbanned.
    This topic is here to help strengthen the site in it's ability to fairly treat people.

Please post below.

2. MrLuka

MrLuka New Member

What were you accused of that resulted in your ban? Griefing (burning down Rome, Christmas Tree, MCnews sign)

What were you doing at the time? i dont really know exact time the griefing happened, but that day i was doing 2 things. Mostly mining out my mob trap which i didnt finish... then i helped maxit98 to add some torches in mink13's castle

What did you do last on the server? I was just standing in my castle (FortGibraltar) doing nothing but talking... because people were saying that the server might reset.. and i decided not to do anything because it might all be lost

Can you offer proof that you did not do what you were accused of?Well, i do not really take pictures for no reason... but some people know that i was doing stuff with them... Slingdad and his friend KinoPuffen or something like that were helping me mine my mob trap, then me and maxit were adding some torches... also i was talking to momizer on skype.

3. Robin

Robin Member

Well about this, you and maxit have so far shown yourself good to the forums, so keep it up and you may get back on the server!

4. CB

CB Mature Filter for Forums

10/7/2012 - Removed two users from the server.

madelynjean and dylanpatrickt have been removed from the server.

Lots of damage done... but easily fixed.

A few days ago, madelynjean announced herself as a griefer... I jailed her immediately. After an hr of pleading, she committed that she liked our server, and promised to not grief people...dylanpatrickt joined up with her in song.

In a 3 hr span, I found not only had the area right outside spawn been just ripped up... but The Calls was hit with a massive blow... and thus already "angered the gods". I surveyed the damage. Extensive. I followed the path of destruction to Hamasui's place, then 3nd hows, then ShadedRevenge's place, two other new users place, and finally stopped at Guffys place. Totaly ransacking everything of any importance, and even some thats not.

I decided to /vanish, and tp to every user that was online, .. nothing. Then when users came online, I immediately tpd to them to find out where they were. I tp'd to madelynjean, and found her inside a makeshift room, built directly on top of Guffys place.

Talk about stupid...

-_-

And in this room... 32 chests all with lockette tags with her name on them. Gee, how could a player have so much stuff in a single 3 hr timeframe that the server was fixed... so I attacked and killed her. out pops all my stuff, and several other stuff, I KNOW she didnt get on her own. I verified, by breaking the lockette signs, and inspecting the contents of the chests.

-_- ALL full, minus two.

"And with thunderous power met only with deafening boom, then hammer was struck"

I contacted several players, and was able to give them their stuff back. There are two more chests full of stuff that is unclaimed. The area has been changed to bedrock to prevent someone else from taking items until they can be disposition.

Looking back, I recall, JUST as I was logging out around 5:00 PM my time (before the griefing), I see dylanpatrickt in chat..

"hey madelyn, I see a tower.."

My tower.

5. Theguffy1990

Theguffy1990 <font color="#e00070"> Admatintasaur </font>

That all seemed pretty suspicious and pointing the finger at me... All griefing stopped at my house (be it as crap as it is)... I really haven't been on the server the past few days. Seems like the stress got to me of inconsiderate little idiots that think they know everything better than me and that they own the place... I broke down into a stress-filled subjected state and got a bit of a cold/flu. Hence the lack of my activity and inability to uphold the factions promise.

But building a hut on top of my place? That's like going about with the title "I'M A GRIEFER". The previous admin/owner's house... They're bad griefers anyway... Glad you could fix the damage! Having the server's stress mostly off my shoulders is amazing!

6. 3ndhow

3ndhow The Fat Phoenix

Im guessing thats my stuff that is unclaimed XD

7. CB

[​IMG]

I actually laughed out loud.

Not only is the server backed up every day.. Loser, but we have your IP. Thanks! And in addition, we have your friends IP, and you're all banned. OH, and we also have multiple levels of protection against script kiddies like yourself.

Bye :)

*hugs*

How this happened..
    Yesterday, two individuals were being kicked multiple times for "Floating too long" violation. So, I looked into it. Creeping them.. I saw them trying to grief some spots. One had logged in, done the quiz, and the other came in, and immediately TP'd to the other.

(They suck at griefing btw)

Easy enough. I sent one of them to the Corner. The other was also sent to the Corner.

They immediately began to type in all caps, and spam obscenities. Further proving my suspicion.

They left.

A new user loggs in... begins a rant.

Banned.

Another user name... (same IP).

Banned.

Another..

Banned. This goes on for about 6 user names. Till finally, I mess up the ban name, and the users given time to type. "I can do this all day."

":) Me too.. Hi."

Banned.

Next, I attempt an IPBan and fail at it..lol. A few hrs later, a new user (same IP), and another come in.

ok, get this part... The user, so belligerent before, is trapped in the quiz jail. I seriously laughed out loud. Moron. The other guy is typing half of a conversation.. I.e. hes either chatting or voice chat, phone, whatever, with the other guy. I watch that user grief poorly. Goes back to spawn and attempt to break through to see the first loser in jail... I can only guess to attempt to break him out.

Failed. He logs.

Then... the above. The first user logs in... and types.

Little does he know, I watched him and his friend attempt to log in again, after I successfully master the /banip command.

*waves to little boy*

"Yes, indeed. Bye."

Attached Files:

#7 CB, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  8. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

Yeah I haven't had the heart to break it to Mink yet... but we're going to have to replace the spawn quiz with a more physical version. I've been finding command block plugins that can get around and bypass them. We can't have users using commands that are mod+

9. CB

I may have a semi-strong opinion on that.

Mink and I actually did complete a simple mechanical spawn quiz. Its the same quiz that was completely bypassed by the griefing that happened Oct 13th. Since the command block quiz was set up, we have corralled (meaning jailed people who fail it) 18 users. 18! That seems outrageously high. If a user fails a mechanical quiz, they simply retake it until they pass. There is no consequence of failing it other than the users time. The Command block quiz, has a definite penalty. The quiz isnt even that hard. Hell, the last 25% of it doesnt even have a question, just says "This one" and points to the correct answer.

But... Several of those have returned and either were very angry, or after being banned, have returned and been 6000ms kicked from the server.... suggesting either a bot to find servers with weak entry's.

The command block quiz works. And appears to work well. Our server setup currently prohibits use of outside plugins from operating on the embercore multicraft framework... I.e. if its not installed on our FTP site, it doesnt load. If we are discussing the size, and position of the quiz, then I agree, perhaps we can change it to a completely separate location, FAR off, under water or something, in which case, if a command block is able to glitch or be bypassed, then the user would simply find them selves well below the surface, or falling into the void.

Im on a soapbox I think. Anyway, I urge you to reconsider. I'm all for reorganizing. But I think reverting back to a mechanical quiz...

10. mink13

mink13 <font color="#cc0000">New Luna Republic</font>

the spawn protection covers the block, if you want we can hid the blocks so they are un-seen

11. CB

I dont really care about the command block itself. The only thing I think can be improved, is the aesthetics of it. I know how you built it with world edit and then changing each block command to move to a different X,Y,Z location. And perhaps the vertical square look was easy. Id like to put it down on the ground, flat, and enclose in the look of it a bit.

I realize I can do this myself, its just not been a priority. Its functional and working very well. I only mention it out of response to APV's comment. I do realize it means we will have to re-write the locs for the command blocks.

Sooo.. figuring if we move them anyway, lets put it somewhere, if someone is able to get out of the holding area of the question, they end up dead or respawning at the start of the quiz... or falling through the void.

TP is disabled. and I have no desire to bring it back.

I dunno if I said this before or not enough, but Mink, you did a FANTASTIC job on the quiz.

12. mink13

mink13 <font color="#cc0000">New Luna Republic</font>

Thanks CB. i do agree it needs to be moved and look better. Also the number of cmd blocks cut in half, or if you truly insist upon it reduced to one. The most dmg a command block can do is spawn griefer items, only the admins can edit them unless some one is oped or creative.

13. CB

And the only way that can happen, is, if someone has the FTP password. Which I have changed and maintain myself only. Cracking our system password would be an impressive feat in itself.

I believe our only threat now is the common griefer or DDOS. Both cases would be easily handled with either a ban, or a server shutdown.

14. XxOakRaider03xX

XxOakRaider03xX New Member

I don't understand why people grief. What kinda of sick people ENJOY ruining someones day. Gosh.....

15. CB

I have recently installed a plugin that monitors multiple a duplicate login IP's It will auto deny and then ban the IPs of anyone attempting to use programs to attempt to circumvent being disabled from the server.

As a result, We have seen 22 IP addresses banned in the last 24 hours. Suspecting from one individual using a hacked game client.

Which also pushed me into the anti hacking plugin. I doubt I'll ever understand why users find enjoyment in destroying other peoples work.