Are you staff or an owner of a server? (poll)

Discussion in 'Servers' started by Rockhem, Aug 11, 2014.

?

Are you staff on or own a server?

Poll closed Sep 10, 2014.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Rockhem

Rockhem MinecraftNews

I want to create a poll for everyone, I have wanted to know what proportion of people who play Minecraft run a server. I have ran a server before, but I stopped after it got too complicated and there wasn't really any good staff to hire to shoulder some of the work load. Are you staff or owner of a server?

2. kaineparker

kaineparker New Member

voted, hope it helps.

3. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 New Member

I used to be a server owner, but I could never find mature enough people to be Moderators because it just seems that a lot of stupid kids play Minecraft and it is impossible to find someone that you can trust enough not to troll everyone else and abuse their power.

4. edthebig

edthebig New Member

I used to be a moderator but they actually stripped me of my rank because some silly kid that hated me said I was doing some stuff I shouldn't be doing. And I didn't do anything at all. It still pisses me off.

5. NathanG

NathanG New Member

I used to run a server that had about ~30 active players but I eventually shut it down. Not because of costs, but because of all the hassle. I had good moderators and administrators but of course they all had lives so eventually we were all visiting the server less and less, which led to a lot of loyal players leaving.

Overall though it was a great experience, exceptionally fun. :)

6. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

I've never ran a server before, but my friend did once. He would pay $2 for the server every month I think and he would earn around $60 a month through donations, which was pretty neat. I guess that's the perks of having a public server with VIP packages. I've always wanted to make my own but I'm always overwhelmed with information every time I try to learn how to.

7. Char55

Char55 New Member

I'm with you on that one, arachnophobik. I also have been weighed down by too much information in the past and in the end I experience analysis paralysis when it comes to learning anything to do with running my own server. I don't know if it's still something I would do as I find that lately I have less and less time for playing games.