Application for Administrator

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Apv301, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

It's been ages since I've done this, waaaay back to the days of staffdom. Anyways, moving along.

I'm one of this sites oldest members, one of its most active members, and one of the biggest posters the sites ever had (Only Robin himself had over me). I have been Staff on this site since it's infancy, and a Moderator for quite along time as well. I also came a hairs width from owning the site itself.

This site, is my Minecraft home. Not even Notch's official forums hold my interest. I have been fiercely loyal, and have contributed alot to this site. I wrote the Staff Guidelines, and Staff Rules for the site, have spotted and had recruited almost "all" of the Staff for this site (with Robins approval).

Robin and Wilson, I respect you both greatly and genuinely like you both. However the site needs an active Admin to run it's issues that pop up now and them. It can be very difficult to contact one of you, I understand you guys are busy and thats perfectly fine =D!

However, this site is starting to slow down, it's starting to have small issues popping up. I constantly get PM's from Sniper and Guffy, as well as facebook messages from Guffy about site issues, and some of them I cannot do myself.

As an Admin, I can help this site more than I can now. I can manage subforum problems, issue IP-bans to those advertisers who insist on making new accounts to spam the forums. Most importantly, I can keep the site ALIVE. With the ability to create Staff and Moderators I will have true control over the staff, instead of just verbal control.

I have the agility to lead, and the ability to administrate a forum. As an Eagle Scout, I have had extensive leadership training as well as a very as training in many fields of study. I have Administrated minecraft servers, and have moderated on several online games, including some very well known ones. I have no doubt I can preform the duties of an Admin to the best of my abilites, and to the requirement the site demands.

I can, and WILL revive and improve this site, if you give me the chance. I have worked for ages without incident as a Moderator, and while an Admin has more risk behind it there is no reason to believe I cannot handle it. After all, I frequent the Vbulletins help center to see how to do this and that anyways XD.

I hope you consider this application seriously, I wish to better this site to the best of my abilities and am severely limited in that as a moderator. Also, if you do make me an Admin, I already have a replacement for myself in mind to take over as Moderator.
    I have helped build this site up from it's infancy, I only ask to be able to further help it.

Thank you

Head Moderator
    Apv301

#1 Apv301, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  2. SniperCharlie

SniperCharlie New Member

That's a big resume.At the current health this site is,I'm amazed that still run "almost" the same since I joined.I have ben here everyday and Apv is the only one really suited to be the admin(besides Robin of course) but I don't think we need another moderator since I know Apv can do it all and even when we discuss a lot and some of his methods don't make me the most happy staff,he got my support.

3. Robin

Robin Member

I totally agree! And I did talk to Wilson about this about a week ago :) So I think you are in the clear, but the final vote is from Wilson!

And you have always done good things for this site and I can't see anyone more suited then you for Admin :)

EDIT: I do like my new avatar ;)

4. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

Im glad to have both of your support =).

Glad you like your avatar robin =D, I fixed your signature for you as well. It wasn't appearing correctly

5. Theguffy1990

Theguffy1990 Guest

You have my full backing Apv! But after all this, It's still Wilsons job to decide... I hope you get the position!!

6. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

7. SniperCharlie

SniperCharlie New Member

Well,congratz on the promotion Apv,you earn it.:)

P.D.:Why Robin is in the staff section and why says this : < font color="#CC6633" >Administrator </font>?

[​IMG]

8. Hamnisu

Hamnisu New Member

Con gratz APV! :)

9. Theguffy1990

Theguffy1990 Guest

CONGRATZ!!! We hope you do a great job!!

Love the Portal reference :p

10. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

Thanks everyone ^_^ hope I can serve the site well.

Indeed Guf, and there is plenty of cake here for you if you jump into that lava

11. Sharpadox

Sharpadox New Member

Congratulations :) !

12. 3ndhow

3ndhow The Fat Phoenix

Wow this was wayback in the day :D i dont even think i was here then i love looking at realy old posts and seeing all the older people in the sites histroy posting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.