Anonymous (Group) Your Opinions?

Discussion in 'The Real World' started by Apv301, Mar 4, 2012.

?

What do you think of Anonymous?

1. I believe they are heros!

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. I believe they are villians!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I believe in Harvey Dent!

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

If you have been around the internet awhile, you likely have heard of Anonymous an internet organization specializing in internet vigilantism.

Anonymous has made the news several times as of late. For instance awhile ago a video appeared on youtube of a boy torturing a cat. Members of Anonymous were able to track him down, and with their actions, alerted the authorities.

The most recent involvement of Anonymous was during the SOPA/PIPA scare (something we must never forget). The United Stated Federal Bureau of Investigation closed down a file uploading/sharing site called Megaupload. Anonymous retaliated calling it a violation of free speach. What did they do in retaliation? They shut down the US Justice Department.

What does Anonymous fight for?

From research and observation Anonymous is hive minded. They have no leader, nor individual members. You are either Anonymous, or not. They are united in one ideal, free speech. They firmly believe free speech is NOT a right of a citizen.... but a right of humanity.

Anonymous is a very active part of the world. From their efforts to defend wikileaks to their war on scientology. Anonymous is very much real. The question is... do you believe they are heros? or villians?

In closing I leave you with their own description

Anonymous is not a terrorist.

Anonymous is not a racist.

Anonymous is human.

Anonymous believes in Justice, but not order.

Anonymous is everyone, and anyone.

The thing that separates anyone from Anonymous is place and time. Nothing else.

We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

:anon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_(group)

#1 Apv301, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  2. CB

CB Mature Filter for Forums

DateMike is going to refer to themselves in third person from now on.
    DateMike likes this.
    DateMike is everywhere the internet is, and still in one place at a time.
    DateMike say... Man who go to bed with itchy but, wake up with smelly finger.

V for Vendetta... DateMike LOVES this.

3. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

Voila! In view humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the “vox populi” now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin, van guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
    The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
    Verily this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it’s my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.

4. CB

CB Mature Filter for Forums

I humbly bow at your greatness.

5. 3ndhow

3ndhow The Fat Phoenix

There my new hero!

6. Servace

Servace New Member

I see anonymous as tweener as in they are good and bad. They will support the gaming community and make sure they get what they want which is also what us gamers majority want. Their bad side comes to when they hack into online servers and closing down the online networks of gaming systems or stealing photos of famous people on icloud.

7. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 New Member

I think it's a mixed verdict, as Servace has said. They do some good, which I can agree with, but they also cross the line quite often by violating peoples personal space, hacking into private information and destroying digital property.So it's not really clear cut in either way.

8. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker MinecraftNews

Anonymous reminds me of robin hood. Robin hood stole from the rich and gave to the poor. That makes him good and bad and anonymous is the same way. They can do a lot of good but what kind of dirty work did they do to bring the good.

9. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

I believe it really depends as some people tend to ride the fame train and would hack a big website for no reason and call themselves Anonymous. I do believe in what they fight for, I believe in their mission and what they do, but at the same time I think it inspires a lot of people for all the wrong reasons. A lot of young people these days do not even know what actual hackers do, they just think it's a crime and you can do cool stuffs with it. Kinda makes the white hat hackers look bad.