Tree Puncher

What are your favourite type of servers?

Let me know guys.

Semi-roleplay servers. I used to play one called MineCaste, but I think it's been defunct for years.

Everyone plays relatively nice (until it's okay not to, like during a war or something with a neighboring city) and follows the rules. Most everyone builds within a similar theme so as not to trash up the world, but nobody's running around calling themselves Boogala the Warlord, or building solid glass houses.

I like the feeling that everyone's part of the community there and that we should strive to work forwards, not bicker about who built that glass monstrosity over there.

PvP/Faction. Been around PvP for a hell of a long time, if you have beef with someone you can 1v1 each other. It also makes it so there's a competitive side in faction servers to see who's the best at defense/raiding.

Tree Puncher
    Survival/hunger games are my favorite also roleplaying servers as well. Always enjoyed playing it. Partly because you have to have a good strategy to win or be successful. I play on creative servers just to see what the people have built so far. I don't actually build anything when I play creative.

Tree Puncher
    My favorite servers are mini game servers. Servers that have games like The Hunger Games and TNT Run are the best. Mainly because you don't have to play on these for days to be good, you can jump right on and be at the same level as everyone else.

Also, it is much easier to play with friends quickly on a mini game server!

Noobish
    I guess I cannot say exactly what "type" of server I like because most servers have multiple game types. However, i really enjoy servers with bridges and building competitions. I find those to be the most fun. Basically bridges is when you stock up on supplies and a bridge (or walls sometimes) comes so you can fight each other. Also, building competitions are fun. They usually give you 5 minutes to build something and everyone votes on the best.

I'm more of a traditional Minecraft player. I like the ones with a survival world and anti-grief protection, or at least anti-grief protection. Increased amount of mobs won't hurt either.

It took me a long time to transfer from vanilla minecraft, to minecraft as we know and love today. I always had my own copy, I just preferred the simplicity of vanilla. It gave me a chance to space out and just make something. Normal minecraft servers usually have a lot of mods added to them, and that can be a bit overwhelming when all I wan to do is get in my relaxation zone and just aimlessly build replicas of things from tiny bricks.

Noobish
    It's kind of hard to specify which is my favorite type of server, but if i had to pick one it would be Survival games, since i find them to be the most entertaining and engaging compared to the others.

My favorite is survival servers with land claiming and keepinventory, for example Safeservival.net
    I also really enjoy Skyblock, and sometimes skywars and hungergames as well.

Thread Information